Masterbrand Cabinets, Inc.
Environmental, Health, & Safety Manager
Masterbrand Cabinets, Inc. is seeking an Environmental, Health, & Safety Manager. This is a Quality Assurance/Safety position. This candidate will lead all aspects of industrial safety, health, and environmental systems for Waterloo, IA facility. Duties include but are not limited to: coordinating all training to meet regulations/requirements, maintaining all records, purchasing all safety supplies and equipment, managing hazard communication program, conducting injury/incident investigations, tracking all injuries, reviewing and making recommendations for safety improvements, coordinating safety and ergonomic inspections, and conducting new hire safety orientations.
Job Location: Waterloo, IA ||
Job Number: 1044
- Maintain understanding and knowledge of current federal, province, and/or company regulations and policies.
- Coordinate and conduct injury review process to determine and correct root cause.
- Lead and manage implementation of injury reduction efforts. Promote "Zero Injury Culture" initiative.
- Track and report operational safety performance.
- Maintain reporting requirements for environmental calendar.
- Provide leadership to facility environmental resource.
- Conduct safety training programs for all levels of operation.
- Provide leadership and drive for plant safety committees.
- Function as emergency coordinator and develop/drive emergency response/business continuity initiatives.
- Assist in leading operation to best practice and best in class for safety and environmental efforts.
- Assist organization by participating in special taskforce assignments and special projects.
- Support the environmental functions of the business as warranted/assigned.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, State and local Industrial Hygiene requirements.
- Facilitate facility committees in regards to safety, environmental and health.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility to work multiple shifts as necessary.
- Ability to multi-task and balance priorities.
- Solid people skills with professional demeanor.
- Certified in CPR and First Aid.
- Ability to teach others and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- General Safety, Risk Management, and Environmental experience desired.
- Demonstrated ability to implement safety policies and practices.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Must have analytical reasoning and problem solving capabilities.
- Balanced approach to technical, business and people aspects of business.
- Has the ability to drive the Four Basics and Five Traits.
- Education Requirements:
BS degree in Safety, Engineering, Human Resources, Environmental Sciences or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Salary commensurate with experience. MasterBrand Cabinets offers competitive compensation and benefits, including paid holidays and vacations, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
Mon, 11/30/2009 (All day)
Not Specified (Posted October 2009)
MasterBrand Cabinets Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a Drug Free Workplace.
©2015 MELDI, University of Michigan, All rights reserved